MINT, MENTHOL & ISOLATES
Home > Products > Mint, Menthol & Isolates > Mentha Arvensis Oil/Cornmint Oil
Botanical Name of Raw Material: Mentha Arvensis
Japanese mint (or corn mint), Mentha arvensis, is the source of a major raw material for the flavours and fragrances industry. Mentha arvensis belongs to Lamiaceae family. Mentha Arvensis is a herbaceous perennial plant. Production is now dominated by India. In India, Uttar Pradesh accounts for around 90% of Indian mint production, with the remaining 10% coming from smaller areas in Punjab, Rajasthan etc. It is obtained by steam distillation of the flowering herb of Mentha Arvensis. The main chemical component of Mentha arvensis oil is Menthol. It is a colourless or pale yellow liquid. It contains 70% to 75% of L-menthol as its main constituent. The other main constituents of Mentha arvensis are Terpenes (alpha Pinene, beta Pinene, Limonene, cineol, octanol) Menthone, Neomenthol, Methyl acetate, Pulegone, pipretone. Steam distillation provides mint oil, and further processing (chilling) provides menthol crystals and dementholised mint oil. Mint is used in cosmetics -toothpaste, mouthwash, shaving creams, shampoos, chewing gums, household cleaning products etc. Our Mentha arvensis Oil complies with IP grade.
Further customisations are possible.
Steam distillation is the technical process applied to recover the heat sensitive compounds from spices. Spice oils are unstable and heat sensitive compounds are present in the spice.
Personal Care Products
Pharma & Nutraceuticals
DMO (De-Mentholised Peppermint Oil)
Mentha Arvensis Oil/Cornmint Oil
Mentha Citrata Oil
Mentha Piperita Oil/Peppermint oil
Tri-Rectified Mint Oil (RPO)
How is Cornmint Oil, also known as Mentha Arvensis Oil, obtained?
Mentha Arvensis is a herbaceous perennial plant. Commonly known as Japanese mint (or cornmint) is the source of a major raw material for the flavours and fragrances industry. Cornmint oil is obtained by steam distillation of the flowering herb of Mentha Arvensis. The main chemical component of Mentha arvensis oil is Menthol.
What are the colour characteristics of Cornmint Oil?
Usually colourless or pale yellow in colour, Cornmint Oil, better known as Japanese Mint Oil, is known for its superior potency levels.
What are the key components of Mentha Arvensis Oil?
Frangipani extracts are known for its subtle soothing fragrance that is complex, sweet, and floral with a hint of exotic spice. It is often paired Menthol is the main chemical component of Mentha Arvensis Oil. The oil contains around 70-75% of L-menthol. Additionally, Terpenes (alpha Pinene, beta Pinene, Limonene, cineol, octanol) Menthone, Neomenthol, Methyle acetate, Pulegone and pipretone are other components found in cornmint oil.
Which applications is Mentha Arvensis Oil used in?
Mentha Arvensis Oil has multiple applications and is used across categories like confectionary, cosmetics, beverages, oral care, household cleaners, personal care products and tobacco flavouring. It also used by the Pharma and Nutraceuticals industry extensively.
Where do cornmint oil manufacturers procure raw material?
Currently, production of Mentha Arvensis is dominated by India. The state, Uttar Pradesh is responsible for around 90% of India’s mint production. The quality of raw material directly impacts the quantity and quality of oil produced, which is why Mane Kancor, a leading cornmint oil manufacturer in India, has dedicated a large number of resources to build a strong supply chain in these mint producing regions. Mane Kancor’s Mentha Arvensis Oil complies with the IP grade.
Your submission has been received. We will be in touch and contact you soon!
Receive marketing related messages from Kancor.